Tuesday, August 2, 2016

✰ [Sheet Mask Review] Sister Diary ♥ Pearl Bird's Nest Mask ✰


When I traveled to Richmond, BC last year during August, I picked up this pack of sheet masks from the brand Sister Diary! There was a large variety of other kinds of sheet masks by this brand, but the one that I chose was the Pearl Bird's Nest Mask because my mom told me that bird's nest is rich in vitamin and proteins which works amazing for the skin. I trusted her word for it and decided to try it out! ♡

Today I will be reviewing the sheet mask Pearl Bird's Nest Mask from the Taiwanese brand Sister Diary. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ When I bought this, I thought it was a pack of the My Beauty Diary masks since the box packaging looks a little similar. Nonetheless, I was very excited to give this sheet mask a try! I usually use Korean sheet masks, but occasionally want to try out Taiwanese sheet masks as well.


                                          ✰ Description of the Product ✰

The Pearl Bird's Nest Mask is one of many different mask types from the brand Sister Diary and this brand is noted to be a Top Seller in Taiwan. I bought this box of ten sheet masks at the Osaka Supermarket in Yaohan Centre and each sheet pack comes with 24ml of product.


Here is a close-up on the top of the front package. It has a seashell design with a pearl in the middle indicating that this mask uses a pearl extract in it. There is also some kind of sticker on the top of the package, but I'm not quite sure what it says. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ


The package overall is very cute and simple! ♡



Unfortunately, the box that I picked up had nothing in English written on the back, but luckily I was able to find some information on this mask after searching online. 


Here is a closer photo of the back of the box with the plastic wrap taken off. An ingredients list was also put onto the box, so I'm not sure why it was printed again on a separate piece of paper.



The top part of the backside shows a general diagram of how the inside of the skin takes in moisture. I read through other blogger's review on the Sister Diary masks and some of their boxes came with English on the back! 

Source: www.maruincircles.blogspot.com

I was able to find an English version of this diagram thanks to another blogger, but they reviewed a different type of mask. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ The two sections underneath this diagram states the benefits of this mask, but I'm not sure what it says, so my apologies! The text in the box shows the ingredients list and underneath the box states the directions on how to use this mask, as well as cautions to take note of. 


Both sides of the box package have this same look to it. The small pencil on the bottom is so cute! The package overall is very simple and clean. ✰


The top of the box has a small little bird on it with other text that I'm unsure of what it says! 


The bottom of the package has the manufactured date and expiration date printed so that you can get an idea on your time frame to use these sheet masks! My box expires on March 16, 2018 so I have about a year and seven months left. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ



When the box is opened, all of the ten sheet masks just sit nicely inside. ♥


The sheet mask package feels smooth and the size of the package is a lot smaller than a lot of other sheet masks. I actually really like this size, it's cute and is perfect to bring along for traveling if you are carrying a small bag. 


Here is a a close-up on the front of the sheet mask! The color of this package is white and shiny. The packaging for these masks are also very simple, but the design makes it look cute. ♡


The text on the back of the masks state the same thing as on the back of the box packaging. The text color is almost like a silver color and makes it extremely hard to read because of the glare. If you wanted to read it, you would have to angle the package in a way that light doesn't hit it, therefore making the silver text glare. 


Here is a close-up on the backside if you want to read it! Silver on white doesn't really work well together. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ


The sheet mask is folded compactly and has another sheet attached to it that you have to remove. I believe they have this extra sheet because the sheet mask is very thin and could easily tear if handled without care.


As you can see from the photo above, the mask is pretty much see-through when it sits on my hand. This sheet mask is really fragile, so be careful when unfolding it! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ 


I personally like thin sheet masks like this! It feels very light when placed on my face and it looks less scary as opposed to a thicker sheet mask. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ


The mask was soaking with essence and it also had a lot of extra essence in the package! The essence was slightly opaque and was a little runny. ⋆


                                     ✰ What is This Product Meant For? 

Source: beautyfindsforme.wordpress.com

After researching this sheet mask online, I found that this Pearl Bird's Nest Mask contains a concentrated whitening and translucent Japanese pearl essence which helps to replenish skin elasticity and enhance skin smoothness and softness. The bird's nest collagen extract helps to leave skin supple and translucent. The image above gives a description on the benefits of this sheet mask, with the main ones being whitening, hydrating, and enhancing elasticity. The whitening effect helps to brightening up your skin tone, making it even, smooth, and clear. This mask also uses hydrating ingredients and Bird's Nest collagen to provide moisture to your skin. ⋆


                                                    ✰ How to Use 

Before using this mask, be sure to cleanse your face thoroughly. Remove the sheet mask from the package and carefully unfold the mask. Take the plastic backing off of the mask and be very gentle! Apply the sheet mask on your face and smooth out any wrinkles on your face. You may remove the mask after 15-20 minutes, but I just left mine on for around 30-40 minutes. After removing the mask, pat the remaining essence onto your face and neck. If there is a lot more essence, you can also use it to moisturize your arms and legs. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ Be sure not to wash the essence off!! Finish off with the rest of your skincare.

                                                     ✰ Ingredients 


One thing Sister Diary is known for in their sheet masks is not containing parabens or alcohol. These ingredients are definitely things I try to stay away from, so not having parabens or alcohol in this sheet mask is a big plus for me! ♥ Some main ingredients in this mask are white pearl extract, bird's nest extract, black pearl extract, organic aloe vera extract, and hyaluronic acid. After looking over the safety level for the ingredients list on cosdna.com, I found that all of the ingredients are on a safety level of green or yellow (which is great because if there was a red safety level, then we would have to take caution of the ingredient). ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ Although the scent is not very strong, those sensitive to fragrance should take caution when using this mask! Please be sure to check out the full list of ingredients and their safety levels on cosdna.com here! ⋆


                                                    ✰ My Review 

This mask is probably one of my favorites that I've used so far! After removing the mask off of my face, my skin looked a lot brighter instantly and it looked slightly whiter than usual. My skin felt so smooth and soft to touch too. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ My face also felt bouncy when I poked it to test the elasticity and even by the next morning, my skin felt very hydrated! This mask just worked amazingly for my skin and makes me want to purchase more boxes in the future. ♡ I really liked how this mask was also a lot thinner than a lot of the masks I've used in the past, but the thinness of the mask makes it really fragile and delicate to handle. The fit was okay for me from my forehead down to my nose, but the area between my nose and my upper lip didn't fit me at all. That part was way too big and covered part of my upper lip so I had to keep pushing it up so that it's comfortable. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ One thing that I didn't like was the scent of the essence. At first I thought it had a soft, very light floral scent, but after removing the mask and patting the rest of the essence on my face, the essence had a very odd scent to it.. I'm not sure how to describe it, but the scent was bearable and it doesn't stop me from using another mask in the future! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ Overall, this was an amazing mask and makes me excited to use it again! I also want to try some more sheet masks from Sister Diary as well since I really like the quality of the masks, so I'll consider picking some more up during my next trip to Canada. ⋆


                                                   ✰ Pros and Cons 


Pros
💕 Instant brightening
💕 Skin looked slightly whiter than usual
💕 Skin felt a lot smoother and softer
💕 Skin felt bouncier
💕 Doesn't contain alcohol or parabens
💕 Skin felt hydrated until the next day
💕 Thin sheet mask
💕 Contained a lot of extra essence


Cons
💕 Fit was weird in some places
💕 Essence had an odd scent to it, it wasn't too strong though and was bearable


                                                       ✰ Rating 

                                         😻😻😻😻😻 / 5


                                  ✰ Would I Recommend and Repurchase? 

Yes!! I would recommend this sheet mask to anyone looking for an instant brighter, as well as hydrated, smooth, and soft skin! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ I would definitely repurchase this mask again in the future when I run out. ♥ Using this makes me want to try out the different sheet mask types from Sister Diary! I really love the size of the sheet mask package, it's so small and compact so it's easy to carry around when traveling. The quality of this sheet mask is really nice too, A+ for this mask!! ⋆

Thank you for reading my review on this Pearl Bird's Nest Mask! ♥ I can't wait to purchase more Sister Diary masks when I travel back to Canada and I'll be sure to review the other masks as well when I use them. If you plan on trying this sheet mask out, I hope you love it as much as I did! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ See you in my next post~


♡ M. Kitty ♡

1 comment: