Wednesday, August 10, 2016

✰ 1004 Laboratory ♥ Acai Berry 90 Protecting Ampoule Review ✰



I've been into Korean skincare for a long while now, but I've never truly researched or had much knowledge on ampoules. I finally used my first ampoule thanks to 0.8L and the ampoule that I won was the Acai Berry 90 Protecting Ampoule from the brand 1004 Laboratory, which I will be reviewing today!


                                             ✰ Description of the Product ✰



The Acai Berry 90 Protecting Ampoule is an intensive moisture and brightening essence that contains an abundant amount of anti-oxidants and prevents aging in the skin. The ampoule is made in Korea and contains 50ml of product. The '90' part in the product's name means that it contains 90% of acai berry extract! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ I found some interesting images on this Acai Berry Ampoule that talks about the ingredients in the ampoule and what it can do to help your skin.

Source: www.buykorea.org

The main ingredient is acai berry which is known to help the regeneration of the skin because it contains vitamins A, C, and E. This image states that acai berries contain many other nutrients such as 12 different types of vitamins, essential fatty acids, minerals, calcium, and more.

Source: www.buykorea.org

This image states how acai berries are very rich in anti-oxidants and have a ton more anti-oxidative activity than other fruits such as blueberries, pomegranates, grapes, and kiwis. The acai berry extract helps prevent further damage to the skin, prevents aging, and strengthens the skin's barrier. This ampoule also contains natural plant extracts, trehalose, beta-glucan, and hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, that provides moisture to the skin, strengthens the skin's barrier, and provides a supply of nutrition. This ampoule also contains natural oils extracted from fruits and it contains lemon peel oil, orange peel oil, bergamot orange seed oil, grapefruit peel oil, and lime peel oil. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ


The packaging for this ampoule doesn't have many catchy things on it. It seems very filled with text and although the font on the front and back look fancy, it's a little hard to read. The front states the ingredients list and on the bottom, the text lists the three major moisturizing ingredients included.


The back of the package has the fancy text that's hard to read, but this is what I got from it. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ

Acai Berries, the String of youth 
"The legend of the Acai Berry. The acai berry is the fruit of life, cultivated purely by nature on the tops of palm trees in the Amazon Rainforest. Acai berries contain large amounts of nutrients which give energy and vitality and have been used over many centuries by Amazon natives and warriors for energy, stamina, and medicine. 
"Etymology of the Acai Berry. The acai berry is a type of berry. Amazon natives gave it the name 'acai', which means crying fruit because on the fruit grown, the branches droop downward and the berries resemble tears. 
"Benefits of the Acai Berry. The acai berry contains anthocyanin, essential fatty acid, and omega acid, highly effective in preventing aging and a variety of nutrients such as vitamins B1, B3, C E, minerals, calcium, potassium, and more than 12 types of polyphenols.



The left side of the box package states the benefits of the acai berry, effective beauty ingredients, effects of the ingredients, and how to use the product. 



The right side of the box package states the ingredients again in Korean. It also says that this product shouldn't be exposed to sunlight and that it should be kept in room temperature. There are three small images in the middle of the package and the first image shows that this product was not used for animal testing! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ Near the bottom of the text it states that because this is a plant-based product, the color may change over time, but there won't be any problem with the product itself so you may use it without worries! ♥



The top of the box states the name of the product and the bottom side only shows the barcode.


This package was interesting to me because the inside of the box package actually had some writing on it! ✰ I opened the box up and found that it just states the same things as on the front package in English, but this one is just in Korean. 



I love how the design on the inside of box resembles leaves as if it was from the Amazon Rainforest. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ This part of the box states the harmful ingredients that aren't included in this product and also some cautions and warnings. Generally, stop using if redness, itchiness, or swelling occurs and if it gets in your eyes wash it out immediately. Be sure not to apply this ampoule on any open wounds. Also, close the lid after each usage and keep away from small children.


Click to enlarge~
Most of the text on the bottle states the same things as on it's box packaging. There is one part on the bottle where it states the harmful ingredients not included in this product which I'll explain in the ingredients section.


The top is like a squeeze top where the product comes up through the wand. The product has very tiny bubbles so it's interesting to look at! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ



It's nice that the bottom of the bottle shows an expiration date, so that I know the time frame when I should be using it. ⋆


                                          ✰ What is This Product Meant For? 

This product is meant to provide an abundant amount of moisture to your skin with the help of three hydrating ingredients, trehalose, beta-glucan, and hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid. The acai berry extract helps to prevent your skin from aging and provides your skin a brightening complexion! There is also niacinamide which helps with skin whitening and there are some ingredients included which helps with reducing the appearance of wrinkles. ⋆


                                                          ✰ How to Use 

To use this product, it's recommended that you apply it only in the evening. Be sure to cleanse your face first and then apply toner. After applying the toner, drop about two droplets on the palm of your hand. Let it warm up on your hand before applying to your face. Gently pat the product all over your face and neck evenly. Make sure all of the product is fully absorbed before continuing with the next step in your routine! ⋆


                                                           ✰ Ingredients 



The ingredients shown on the box is a little difficult to read, but I was able to located a typed version of the list so that it's easier to comprehend.

Euterpe oleracea fruit extract (90%), glycerin, water, niacinamide, trehalose, sodium hyaluronate, hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, beta-glucan, portulaca oleracea extract, centalla asiatica leaf extract, vaccinium macrocarpon fruit extract, angelica archangelica extract, citrus unshiu peel extract, hamamelis virginiana extract, usnea barbata extract, althaea rosea flower extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, origanum vulgare leaf extract, chamaecyparis obtusa leaf extract, phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, blueberry fruit extract, propolis extract, zanthoxylum piperitum fruit extract, argania spinosa kernel oil, glyceryl polyacrylate, octyldodeceth-16, arginine, carbomer, caprylyl glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, adenosine, hydroxyethylcellulose, lemon peel oil, citrus aurantium dulcis, citrus paradisi peel oil, citrus aurantium bergamia fruit oil, citrus aurantifolia oil, gardenia jasminoides ellis, dextrin, citric acid.

After looking through the ingredients list on cosdna.com here, I noticed that there is a ton of natural ingredients due to the amount of extracts and oils from different plants! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ There doesn't seem to be any ingredients that stand out to me that are considered harmful and that's another plus in this ampoule. 




Something that makes this ampoule really special is that it doesn't contain 16 ingredients that are harmful to skin's health! ♡ It doesn't contain parabens, phenoxyethanol, benzophenone, oxybenzone, genetically modified agricultural products, animal product, sodium hydroxide, artificial scent, triclosan, silicone, triethanolamine, mineral oil, artificial colors, talc, propylene glycol, BHT. ⋆


                                                        ✰ My Review 

One thing that I really love about this ampoule is the scent! It has a very sweet berry scent that isn't too strong and fades away after a while. I used this ampoule every evening before my serum and in about two weeks, my face already started to look a little brighter! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ I have yet to see any whitening or reduction in fine-lines (mainly my smile lines), but I want to keep using it more to see how the results will turn out in the future after long-term usage. ♡ So far using this ampoule really made my skin feel soft and hydrated. My skin is also starting to look a little more even, so I think that incorporating this in my evening routine along with using my other products really helps. ♥ 



Every night I use about 2 droplets of product. The color is clear when applied on the skin and it has very tiny bubbles in the liquid!




Patting the product into my skin gives it a healthy, slightly dewy effect, but it doesn't last long since it gets absorbed into my skin after a while. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ The bottle also comes in a good size, it's not too big and not too small. The box packaging had too many things going on, although it did look simple with colored font over a white background. The fancy font also made it a bit hard to read. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ Something that I really love about this ampoule is how it contains a lot of natural extracts and oils and excluding 16 different harmful ingredients! Those ingredients are usually ingredients I try to stay away from, so not including it in this ampoule is a big plus for me! I also looked this ampoule up on eBay and other websites to compare prices and this ampoule is on the expensive side for me. ㅠ.ㅠ Each bottle is around $30-50, so it's a downside for me because I like to purchase cheaper, but effective products, maybe at most I would pay around $25. ⋆


                                                  ✰ Pros and Cons 


Pros
💕 Brightened and softened my skin
💕 Contains natural extracts and oils
💕 Excludes 16 harmful ingredients
💕 Sweet berry scent! 
💕 Didn't cause breakouts or irritation


Cons
💕 Box packaging is a little busy and the font is difficult to read
💕 Costs about $30-50 per bottle, so it's a little too expensive for me


                                                          ✰ Rating 

                                           😻😻😻😻😻 / 5


                                       ✰ Would I Recommend and Repurchase? 

I would recommend this ampoule to anyone looking for a nice moisturizer or skin brightener, but also someone who is able to pay a bit more money for a great product! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ I really love this product because it mainly focuses on using natural extracts and oils and excludes harmful ingredients, but it's a bit too expensive for me. Since I'm still a student, I don't want to spend too much on beauty products. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ Those who are sensitive to fragrance might find this ampoule too strong, but I really love the scent. I honestly think that this product is worth the price due to the ingredients added and the effectiveness, but I'd rather search for a more affordable ampoule that works just as well! ⋆

Thank you for reading my review on 1004 Laboratory Acai Berry 90 Protecting Ampoule Review! ♥ If you plan on purchasing this product, I really hope you like it as much as I did~ ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ
I received this ampoule from 0.8L for free to review, but all opinions stated were my own honest opinions. See you in my next post!~ 


♡ M. Kitty ♡

2 comments:

  1. Mine has very light orangey scent.. why is it different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ampoule does have a slight orangey scent as well, it's a nice relaxing scent, but it's possible we might perceive it a different way! It was hard for me to find a good word to describe the scent of this ampoule since it's not a scent that I'm used to, but they should all smell similar.

      Delete