Thursday, June 30, 2016

✰ Cleansing Story ♥ Red Ginseng Deep Cleansing Foam Review ✰


I recently purchased the Red Ginseng Deep Cleansing Foam from the brand Cleansing Story (세아 이야기) because I was running out of my current cleanser! I spotted this cleanser at Marshalls for a good price and was surprised to find a Korean cleanser being sold there. They also had an Aloe Vera version and a Cucumber one too. I really love herbal scents especially ginseng, so I decided to try this one out! ♡



                                           ✰ Description of the Product ✰

This cleansing foam is part of the brand Cleansing Story (세아 이야기) and it contains red ginseng extract, which is meant to provide your skin with moisture and nutrients. As stated in my Red Ginseng White Clean Active Mask review (read here!), red ginseng contains many nutrients that prevents aging and can improve blood circulation for healthy and smooth skin. I purchased this cleanser for $4.99 and after searching for this cleanser online, it seems like it can't be purchased anywhere else.


The back of the cleanser is in both Korean and English. The English sections state how to use the product and the ingredients. The Korean sections state how to use the product and the ingredients and also a description of what red ginseng is, as well as what the cleanser can do.


Here is a closer photo of the back of the bottle~



The top of the cleanser had this sticker attached to it, but it was faded a yellow color. Apparently for advertising, it states 'Korea "No. 1"' which probably meant that this was a bestseller cleanser in Korea. I'm not sure if this is true or not since I tried to look for other reviews on this cleanser online and nothing else came up!


The front of the cleanser had a cute little image of a ginseng and the packaging is quite simple. 



The bottom of the cleanser states that this cleansing foam contains red ginseng extracts that provide nutrition to the skin. The top section in Korean states that red ginseng contains abundant nutrients for healthy skin.



The bottle has a golden-brown cap that snaps open.


When opening the lid, it comes with a seal on the opening to ensure freshness in the product. This also means it hasn't been used!


After removing the seal on the product, I could smell a strong scent of ginseng right away! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ I really loved the scent, but something this strong would definitely irritate someone with negative reactions to fragrance.


When the cleanser is squeezed out, it comes out a little thick. Not much cleanser is needed to wash your face! ⋆


                                          ✰ What is This Product Meant For? 

This product is meant for anyone looking for a cleanser that cleans the face really well and enjoys herbal scents. Red ginseng is a great ingredient in skincare and it's also really good for your health too! Ginseng tea is delicious to drink everyday and it helps your immune system and lowers your stress level. ⋆


                                                     ✰ How to Use ✰  

According to the package, it states that to use this cleanser, apply a proper amount to create foam and then massage thoroughly over your face. Afterwards gently remove the foam on your face with water. ⋆


                                                      ✰ Ingredients 


Some ingredients to take note of in this cleanser is the paraffin and parabens. I never use products with paraffin in it because paraffin is considered a harmful ingredient to the skin. Parabens are also an ingredient to be avoided, but I believe it's not as bad as paraffin and mineral oil. Overall, this cleanser contains some ingredients that ideally should be avoided. Unfortunately I couldn't find this cleanser's ingredient list on cosdna.com to check the irritant and safety levels, but I did come across the website paulaschoice.com where you can search an ingredient and read more about the safety levels of it! ⋆


                                                     ✰ My Review 

The first thing that was attracted to me was the amazing ginseng scent, which I really love. ♥ I tested out this cleanser and it made my skin feel clean and it didn't strip away any moisture from my face. It did a fairly good job of cleaning my face like my previous cleanser! The unfortunate thing about this cleanser is the pH level. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ I used a pH strip to test the pH of the cleanser and hoped for a pH of around 5, but instead came out with a result of 7.5-8. ㅠ.ㅠ Since this cleanser had a high pH level, I didn't want to continue using it. I'd rather be on a long search for a low pH cleanser than use a high pH cleanser! Other things I didn't like about this cleanser is how it includes paraffin and two different parabens as a few of the ingredients. I usually try to avoid those ingredients in my skincare products. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ


                                                   ✰ Pros and Cons 


Pros
💕 Face felt clean 
💕 Cleanser didn't make my face feel dry after washing
💕 No irritations or allergic reactions
💕 Amazing ginseng scent!! ♡
💕 Cute and simple packaging
💕 Affordable price


Cons
💕 High pH level that's not around the recommended pH level for a cleanser (4.2-5.6)
💕 Those sensitive to fragrance will get irritated by the strong scent
💕 Includes paraffin and parabens


                                                        ✰ Rating 

                                            😻😻😻 / 5


                               ✰ Would I Recommend and Repurchase? 

This was a nice cleanser to use, except for the fact that the pH level was higher than the recommended pH level for a cleanser. It had a decent price, it didn't cause me any irritations or break-outs, and it didn't make my face dry after using. Although all of these pros make a good cleanser, it's really important to take note of the pH level which is what can cause dryness to your skin or cause break-outs after long term use if the pH level of the cleanser is too high or too low. I don't think I would recommend this cleanser to anyone since it could potentially cause dryness or break-outs if used long term. Other notable ingredients in this cleanser is paraffin and two different parabens added, which are some ingredients people might avoid in skincare products. ⋆

Thank you for reading my review on the Red Ginseng Deep Cleansing Foam! If you plan on purchasing this, I hope my review helped you a little to decide if it's something you want to buy or not. See you in my next post!~ 


♡ M. Kitty ♡

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your thorough review of this product! I purchased it today, but I'd never heard of the brand. I tried it (before reading your review) & it felt nice initially, but it was super drying once I rinsed it off. I wish I could give this cleanser a good testing, but the ingredients are making me nervous, so Idk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cleanser is okay to use, just keep in mind of the ingredients. If you aren't comfortable using cleansers with these kinds of ingredients, you can always try to return the product or use it to cleanse other parts of your body (like your back)! It's possible the cleanser made your skin felt super drying because of the high pH level ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ

      Delete
  2. I just purchased the product yesterday at Marshalls as well. I was really surprised to see Korean products being sold there! I agree, after rinsing the cleanser off, it feel dying and that "squeaky clean" feeling, but I followed up with their Aloe moisturizer, which is basically a gel moisturizer made mainly from aloe. It is a very good moisturizer because it helps counterbalance the dryness of the cleanser, plus it the two products combined really helped with getting rid of the pimples that I've had recently due to hormone imbalance as well as heal scars that some pimples have left behind right in my T-Zone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love shopping at Marshalls, as they often have more Korean products sold there now if you come at the right time! ♡ I also recently purchased an aloe vera gel and it works really nicely on my dry skin. I heard that aloe vera gel helps to heal acne scars, but I haven't seen any other articles on it after doing research, so I'm glad you brought it up! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ

      Delete