Saturday, March 12, 2016

✰ Etude House ♥ Moistfull Collagen Essence Review ✰


Hi everyone!~ Welcome back to my blog, I hope you're all having a great day today! ✰ Today is finally Friday and it was the last week of my Winter term at school, but next week is finals!! (T^T) I wanted to make a review on this Etude House product before I get busy studying for my finals next week. I'll be sure to study really hard so that I don't have to re-take any classes next term! ✰

Today, I will be reviewing the Etude House Moistfull Collagen Essence (에뛰드 하우스 수분가득 콜라겐 에센스)! I was initially using a small sample of the Moistfull Collagen Essence that came with my Moistfull Collagen Cream, but I ran out of it a while ago and I really loved it so I decided to get the full size. I use this during the night time and I use this along with a few other Etude House products from the Moistfull Collagen line because it makes my skin feel really refreshed at night. ♡




                                                         ✰ Description of the Product ✰

This essence is part of the Etude House Moistfull Collagen line which includes the massage cream, first essence, skin toner, eye cream, lotion (emulsion), and cream. Below is a suggested order in which you should apply the products if you have the full set. 

Source: http://kpoptown.com/skincare/6221-etude-house-moistfull-collagen-essence-45ml.html

Out of these products, the ones that I use during my night time routine is the Moistfull Collagen Essence, Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream, and the Moistfull Collagen Lotion. Note: the Moistfull Collagen Lotion is also called an emulsion, it's not an actual lotion like hand cream. Some people may get mixed up on these terms! I'll also be using my second jar of the Moistfull Collagen Cream after I finish up my other day time cream. I'll be sure to do a review on the cream and emulsion some time in the future. I was considering on purchasing the Skin Toner, but I decided not to because it had a high concentration of alcohol, which is something I am avoiding on my skin. Although alcohol may help some people right now, I wouldn't want to use too much of or else my skin will get dried up in the future and I'm not willing to take any risks! I bought this essence from eBay for $14.90 including shipping, so I bought it for a reasonable price. Comparing with the official Etude House site, this essence lists for about $20. The product comes with 45 ml of essence and is made in Korea! Please note, there is an upgraded version of the Etude House Moistfull Collagen Essence although you can still buy this version that I have on eBay. There is no difference with the product itself, the only difference being the packaging is slightly different and it comes with a lot more product than before!




The essence came in a cute and simple coral-colored box with little bubbles on the sides. The box contains directions on how to use the product and ingredients the essence contains in both English and Korean. The back of the box also states the order of use for this cream. It's similar to the photo above with the whole Moistfull Collagen line, but this one states four of the main products that should be included in your skincare routine. 
[Use Order] Skin (Toner) ➝ Essence ➝ Lotion (Emulsion) ➝ Cream
[사용순서] 스킨 에센스 ➝ 로션 ➝ 크림



Here is what the bottle looks like. It's smaller than the emulsion, which is normal since essence usually come in smaller packaging. The packaging is a simple peachy-coral color which is the same color for the whole Moistfull Collagen line. It has a cute small bubble design on the side giving it a cute touch, something Etude House is known for in their packaging!



The back just states the name of the product and other things in Korean. There is no design on the back so most of the design on Etude House products will be on the front and the back will be kept for basic things.



The essence is a pump bottle type, so it's very sanitary! The pump itself is sturdy and when pushed, it doesn't come out with a lot of product, so you can pump the essence out a little at a time instead of getting excess product and having to put it back in the bottle. I love bottles like this where you have to pump product out instead of the type of bottle with a stopper on the top and you have to keep tapping it on your hand to get product out. I think most of the essences in Korean beauty come with a pump bottle and the kind with a stopper are the emulsions! The Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion that I use has a stopper top and sometimes I tap too much product out and have to put it back! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ

                                                   ✰ What is This Product Meant For? 

The description on the Etude House box for this essence states that this essence is a rich textured essence infused with Ceramide capsules made to provide moisture and collagen to your skin. The collagen is meant to boost complexion elasticity. After using the product your face should feel soft.~



The essence essence is quite liquidy and smooth, it's not thick so it absorbs easily into the skin. The color of the essence is a cloudy white and if you look closely, you can see the Ceramide capsules. I apologize for not zooming in close enough for you to see! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ Collagen is important for your skin as it is meant to provide your skin with firmness and elasticity! As you grow older, the collagen in your skin diminishes, therefore it's really important for you to continue eating a healthy diet consisting of lots of fruits and vegetables everyday. Products such as these are a good addition to your skin care routine, but should not serve as an alternative for your skin! The foods that you eat and your overall diet is a lot more important than just products that you are putting on your skin. ⋆


                                                                  ✰ How to Use 

The Etude House box that this essence came in states to use hands to gather a small amount of essence and apply to your skin by gently massaging the face until all of the essence is absorbed. Gently tap to finish. I recommend using this essence after applying toner and before applying the emulsion. When I apply my essence, I usually just gently tap the product on my face until it is all absorbed. You may use this product during your daytime or nighttime routine. ⋆


                                                                   ✰ Ingredients 

About 90% of the ingredients in this essence are safe and should not cause any reaction to your skin. The one ingredient that may cause irritation for some people is fragrance, so please be careful when using this product! There are two other ingredients that are listed on cosdna.com that may also cause irritation, so check out the ingredients here. Overall this product should be safe to use for most people, but always test the product on your hand first before applying it to your face. The ingredients listed on the box is in the photo below.~ 



                                                                     ✰ My Review 

This Etude House Moistfull Collagen Essence is one of my favorites essences that I've used so far! After I finish my other essence from Nature Republic, I'll probably start using this during my daytime routine too since it makes my face feel really refreshed and soft. The scent of this product smells really nice, it smells like a fresh scent and it's not too strong. The product comes with a decent amount that should last me a long time. After applying the essence to my face, it's not sticky at all and it absorbs quickly! This essence also didn't cause any irritation or allergic reactions for me, so it's safe for me to continue using. Overall, I really love this product and there's nothing I dislike about this essence!~ ⋆

                                                                   ✰ Pros and Cons 

Pros
💕 Scent is fresh and not too strong
💕 Comes in a pump bottle, so it's sanitary to use
💕 Keeps skin feeling soft and moisturized
💕 Collagen makes my face feeling firm and bouncy!
💕 Not sticky when applied and absorbs quickly

Cons
💕 Nothing!

                                   
                                                                           ✰ Rating 

                                                        😻😻😻😻😻 / 5


                                                     ✰ Would I Recommend and Repurchase? 

Yes! I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for an essence to use for your skin care routine since it seems suitable to use during daytime and nighttime. I love the scent of the product although some people with irritation to fragrance should be careful when using this product. This essence would make a great addition to your skin if used along with the other products from the Moistfull Collagen line. It's also great that this essence comes in a pump bottle so those who do not like to put your fingers to get the product can be hygienic with your products! I would most likely repurchase this essence again unless I find another essence that works better than this one. I really love the scent since it smells really refreshing and the bottle is small so it's perfect to bring along for travel! ⋆

Thank you for reading my review on this essence! I hope you liked it and found it helpful. I'll see you in my next post really soon!~


♡ M. Kitty ♡

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog! Thanks for a good review! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately the new formula is changed - it contains alcohol (the 5th ingredient grrr).
    (http://www.etudehouse.com/index.php/skincare/essence/moistfull-collagen-essence.html)

    ReplyDelete