Thursday, March 24, 2016

✰ Daiso Haul!~ March 2016 ✰



Hi everyone! ✰ I recently went on a trip to Seattle with my family for Spring break and came back with lots of stuff from Daiso! I always love shopping at Daiso since there are so many cute things there and my parents love it too since there are a ton of useful kitchen tools. I go to Daiso every year either in Seattle, California, or Canada since there isn't a Daiso store where I live at. I noticed that each Daiso carries slightly different things, but overall there is pretty much the same stuff in all of the stores. This time when I went, there were a lot of new things that I've never seen before, so I'll show you what I got! These items are all of my stuff, but my parents also got cute bowls and plates that won't be pictured here. ⋆


For those who don't know what Daiso is, Daiso is a popular Japanese store that sells everything for $1.50 unless otherwise stated. I've only seen a couple of things for $3.00 and one time something that was $15 *o* but other than that, everything in the store should be $1.50. I believe the Daiso in Canada lists its price at everything for $2.00, but I haven't been there in a while so I'm not exactly sure! ⋆

The first Daiso that I went to was the one in Westfield Southcenter Mall located in Tukwila, WA and is pretty close to Seattle, WA. This Daiso is right next to a fried chicken restaurant, Jollibee. My family tried the fried chicken before we left Washington and it was really yummy! There was a really long line to this restaurant in the daytime so we thought it would be worth a try since many people stood in line for the fried chicken! Back to Daiso, this Daiso was medium-sized, just one floor, not too small like the one in International District (I'll talk about this one later!), but not as big as the Daiso located in Richmond BC. It was super hot in this store since there were so many people and it felt kind of cramped! Even through the heat, I managed to get a ton of cute things! ⋆

They had a small selection of crafts and I bought these two really cute needle-felting kits of a cat and a pig. They had a couple more needle-felting kits, but I didn't buy them because I already bought them from a different Daiso a while ago. 


This Daiso also had a good selection of sewing tools, a couple knitting needles and crochet hooks, individual wool to make your own needle-felting things, and some other crafting tools. They also had a big selection of different patterns of felting cloth so you can make your own cute things out of felt!⋆

Right next to the craft area of the store were the letter sets! I bought six different types that I don't have yet and these were new prints since I have never seen them in any of the other Daisos before.
Starting from the top left, the blue set is a frog theme, the middle set is a nature and herb theme, the blue one on the top right is an animal theme, the bottom left is a fried egg theme, the middle set is a floral and lace print, and the pink set is a cute strawberry theme.


All of the letter sets were so cute! There were a few more sets there that I didn't get so this Daiso carried a large amount of cute letter sets. There were also envelopes and other sets that were kind of like half-sheets. Sometimes people might buy these cute sets and not know what to do with them, but an idea could be to use them to write thank you cards to your teachers or professors at your school or university, birthday cards for your friends and family, or love letters to your boyfriend or girlfriend. It would also be cool if you had a pen-pal (if people still do those!) and write some snail mail to them :)

The next thing I bought was this really cute sketch book from the art section! I've been looking for a sketch book to doodle and draw in since I don't want to keep wasting my printer paper with random scribbles and for $1.50, this was really good quality.


This sketch book was the only cute one that was bounded with a spiral, but there was another sketch book that I wanted with cats on the cover. I didn't get the cat one because it was the kind that could be easily torn out and the pages were a little too thin. ⋆

Near the art section, I bought some highlighters where the stationary was located at, a cute pink template ruler with stencils of letters and cute pictures, and these super cute kitty sticky notes! My mom thought the sticky notes were super cute so she bought one for herself and she also bought a different print with different animals!


There was a large selection of stationary so it's perfect for those who need new pens, pencils, or highlighters. Daiso also carries those cool shaking-type mechanical pencils where you shake the pencil to get the lead out. There were about four different colors and I have a couple of those pencils that I bought about two years ago that I still use today! They're still in good condition and work fine. 

Here is a close-up on the kitty sticky notes~ They're all so cute, it makes me not want to use them! ><
I believe I have a bear version of these sticky notes too. If you don't like characters on your sticky notes, Daiso also sells some that are just plain colorful ones with no print! ⋆


There was a huge selection of these Iwako erasers at Daiso!!! I love collecting these erasers and they finally have new ones that I've never seen before! The package on the top right is not part of the Iwako eraser series, but was just a cute package of erasers that were food themed and I thought it would be cute to use it for school.


Starting with the top left, the set is the Kitchen series, the top middle is the Puppy series, the bottom left is the Cake3 series, the bottom middle is the Chinese Food series, and the bottom right is the Sakiccyo Dolphin series. I'm not sure what "sakiccyo" means and I tried looking it up, but found nothing on it.. The package of dolphins comes with six different colored eraser dolphins that are meant to be toppers for pencils. All of these work great as an eraser, but I just use them as a collection! I have many Iwako erasers, but my collection is nowhere near finished yet :) I love how Daiso erasers come with three different erasers, unlike other stores that sell them with only one individual piece (an example being one puppy and puppy house which my mom bought for me for $1). I also bought a Christmas series set that I forgot to add to the photo, but it just came with a cute little Christmas tree, Santa Clause, and a snowman! There were many other cute eraser series that I didn't get and this Daiso was actually the first one that I've been to with the largest selection of Iwako erasers. ⋆

There was a large selection of cute decorating tape and I bought these two lace tape that are meant to be used as borders for decorating notebooks, boxes, or anything you like!


The tape on the left is the Wide Type and the tape on the right is the Flower. These will be super cute to use for decorating my hand mirrors and notebooks! ⋆

Near the lace tape, I also picked up some super cute decorating tape or probably most known as washi tape. I thought these tapes would be handy to use for decorating letter sets or also used for borders. My favorite tape is the sheep one! ♡


The tape on the top left was actually bought from the Daiso at International District, I didn't see this style at the Westfield Southcenter Mall. I thought it would be really cute to write little messages on it or using it as labels since the roll had many different borders. There were a ton of other cute styles of decorating tapes, but I didn't want to get more than I needed.~ ⋆

At the beauty area, I picked up this foldable nail file with a buffer. It's actually meant to file your nails to make them shiny, but it also worked really well for filing the top of your nails too. There was another style that I was looking for that my mom bought from Daiso about two years ago, but I wasn't able to find it there. I love the quality of these nail files with material like metal so it won't go dull. 


I bought other nail files from Daiso that are the type used with sandpaper and I don't really like those kinds since I use nail files often so it gets dull in a short period of time. These metal nail files from Daiso are also good quality so it's worth to buy it! Highly recommend. ⋆

As I was passing through the kitchen area, I found this cutlery set the has detachable parts and I thought this would be perfect to bring to school since it also comes with a container. The two red sticks connect to the other utensils to make chopsticks, fork, or spoon. It's small and handy to bring around anywhere!


I don't think there were any other colors available since I just saw this one, but I'm glad I bought this since I misplaced my other portable chopstick set somewhere.. ⋆

Heading back to the beauty area, I looked at the hair accessories and found this cute black and white floral headband! There was another print available, but this style was cuter. The fit is okay, maybe my head is a little too small for this, but it's still wearable for me.


There were a ton of other cute hair accessories like hair ties with bows and also bun makers. I needed a hairband like this so that my fly-away hair won't make my hair look messy when I put it up in a bun. ⋆

I found this really cute mini hole-puncher with floral print in yellow and there was also one in pink. To go along with the hole-puncher, I bought small rings in a pack of 30 and big rings in a pack of 15. I've been needing a hole-puncher so that I can put notecards and papers together for assignments in school.~ 


The package on the top right is something I found near the hole-puncher and it is some kind of paper-impresser where you can put one of the five circles in the object and it makes an impression in the paper with the shape. I thought this was kind of interesting and would be cute to use for birthday cards or scrapbooks since it doesn't cut out the shape, but just makes an indent of the shape on the paper. The shapes that the package comes with is a heart, a crown, a star, a bow, and a music note. ⋆

The last thing that I got from this Daiso in Westfield Southcenter Mall is this super cute panda key cover! I saw this right when I walked into the store and there were also a ton of other cute animal key covers too. I believe there was a pink bunny and a yellow chick. They were all really cute, but I chose this panda one since I love pandas.~ ♡


The second Daiso that I went to is located in International District in Seattle, WA and it is right across from Uwaijimaya. It was a super small Daiso that is not as busy as the one in the mall in Tukwila. This Daiso had a small selection of some things, such as the craft items. ⋆


I found this cute phone tassel that goes in the phone's earphone jack and unfortunately it didn't have the letter M, so I just bought one with the letter H since my brother's name starts with an H. The only letters they had available were H, N, S, and Y.. I bought the pink color since it looked the cutest, but there was also a yellow color and a purple color. After I took this home, I took the H out and replaced it with this Hello Kitty charm that was hanging on my computer. ⋆

From the first Daiso that I went to, I also bought two cute tea mugs with pictures of bears and characters on it and small cat plates. My parents bought a lot of house-ware things like containers, plates, kitchen utensils, and my mom bought plain sheet masks so she could make her own face mask at home! ⋆

There was another Daiso in Seattle near Pike Place Market that we didn't go to and there is a Daiso located in Federal Way which was about 30 minutes away from Bellevue (where we were staying), so we didn't go there either. I'll leave a list of the Daiso shops below located in Seattle that I know of. As of today (March 24, 2016) they are still open so check it out if you live close by or are going to visit Washington! I know there are more Daiso stores located in other places in Washington, but I won't list them here because I don't know for certain if they are still there or not.

Daiso located in Westfield Southcenter Mall
2800 Southcenter Mall
Ste 376
Tukwila, WA 98188

Daiso located in International District (across from Uwaijimaya)
710 6th Ave S
Seattle, WA 98104

Daiso located near Pike Place Market (this one is also located in a mall downtown)
Westlake Center
400 Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98101

Daiso located in Federal Way (this one is also located in a mall)
The Commons At Federal Way
1910 S Commons
Federal Way, WA 98003

I love shopping at Daiso and had so much fun exploring all of the aisles in the store. ♡ I can't wait to go to Daiso again soon to find more cute goodies! Thank you for reading my blog and I hope you found something helpful in this post or had fun reading it.~ ⋆


♡ M. Kitty ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment