Wednesday, July 6, 2016

✰ 3CE (3 Concept Eyes) ♥ Bebe Color Lip Balm (#PEPPER) Review ✰


I received this cute gift from my parents as birthday present last month! This is the Bebe Color Lip Balm (베베 컬러 립밤) from the brand 3CE (3 Concept Eyes/ 쓰리씨이) in the color #PEPPER. This was originally not a color that I wanted since I thought it was going to be really dark on my lips and my face doesn't really suit dark colors, but it looks okay when mixed with other colors. ♡


                                            ✰ Description of the Product ✰

The color #PEPPER is one of seven colors for the Bebe Color Lip Balm line. These lip balms are provided with lots of moisture to allow your lips to have a nice color while not drying your lips out after usage! 

Source: ooh-n-aah.com

I really love the colors #SOFT MELLOW and #FLICKER! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ The stylenanda website states that these lip balms gently melt on your lips and keep them moisturized. The color is like a transparent color that can be built for a dark color and the result on your lips will leave a gloss to make your lips look natural and healthy.

Source: stylenanda.com

This #PEPPER color is like a light chocolate color that looks like a mix of black berries and red wine! I thought this lip balm would look a lot darker on my lips judging from the picture above, but when it's actually applied, it's not as dark as it seems. From the image above, it claims that this lip balm provides a lot of moisture for healthy lips, it's a perfect size to fit in your pocket, the lip balm will last on your lips for a long time, and it's 2 in 1, so it works as a moisturizing lip balm and at the same time providing a lot of color to your lips.


The box is a simple black color with the color of the lip product on the top. It looks like the usual 3CE packaging you would see for their other lip products.



The bottom of the package shows the color of the lip balm.

The right side of the package states in a small description that this lip balm takes care of dry lips and in addition, it highlights transparent and natural colors.

The left side of the package has a holographic sticker of 3CE so that you know it's an authentic product. It's made in Korea and states the address of the manufacturing company.

Before opening the lid to the lip product, there is a sticker that says "스티커 훼손시 교환 . 환불 불가" which basically means if the sticker is damaged, the product can't be returned or refunded.


The lip balm is the size of a normal lip stick and the lid is the same color as the product. The shape is really interesting too, since it's made like a triangle!


The shape a lot different than other lip balms, but I like it in this triangle form because then I can use one of the three sides to glide it on my lips.

The bottom of the lip balm states the color and the title of the product.


The product has a flat top, so it's hard to reach all areas of my lips. If I glide it on my lips using the center part, I can just touch up the areas I missed with one of the corners or the edges.


The bottom of the lip balm can be turned so more product comes out. I recommended twisting the lip balm all the way down after usage or else the top part of the lid will hit it and possibly crush it.. Learned from experience ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ


Here is a view of the front side of the lip balm. The 3CE logo is only on this side and the rest of the sides don't have anything on it. ⋆


                                         ✰ What is This Product Meant For? 

This moisturizing lip balm is meant to give a natural and healthy look to your lips while also providing an abundant amount of moisture. The stylenanda website states that these lip balms can also be mixed and matched with other 3CE lip products to create different styles! ⋆


                                                        ✰ How to Use 

As the stylenanda website states how to use the product, gently glide the lip balm over your lips, starting from the inner-side and towards the outer corner. If the lip balm is applied lightly, it can create a sheer look. The product is buildable, so you can apply multiple layers to create a bolder color. To create a gradient effect, the stylenanda website suggests to use their lip pencil in the color #CHILLING to fill the inside of your lips and then blend it. Then use the #PEPPER lip balm to sweep it outwards. ⋆


                                                        ✰ Ingredients 



The ingredients aren't listed on the packaging that I got, but I found it on the stylenanda website:
There is a lot of oils and seed butters in this lip balm, which is probably why it glides on easily when applied to my lips and it's full of moisture! I'm glad that nice lip balms like this don't turn to mineral oil for "moisture," but there are actually a large amount of healthy oils and butters used to provide real and long-lasting moisture for your lips. An ingredient in this lip balm that I love is coconut oil, which is something I use everyday to heal acne scars and it really helps for making dry skin feel soft! From looking at the ingredients, I'm happy with what they put in the lip balm and also glad that they didn't add ingredients like mineral oil or parabens. ⋆


                                                       ✰ My Review 

When I first saw this color, I thought I wouldn't like it because it looked like a darker shade than what I usually wear on my lips, but after using this lip balm, I think it looks okay when mixed with other lighter lip colors. ♡ It's not as dark as I thought it would be and I love how the lip balm provided a lot of moisture to my lips for a long period of time. After wearing just the lip balm, the color doesn't really suit me since my skin is really light. I feel like this dark color would suit someone with darker skin than me or someone wearing a dark/smokey eye makeup. ㅠㅠ I am a big fan of lip balms that provide extra color so that I don't have to wear a non-moisturizing lip stick or sticky lip gloss. This lip balm also had a nice glossy finish, but it didn't feel sticky at all when I touch it. ♥ One thing about this lip balm is that it's kind of on the pricey side in my opinion and I believe we bought this for around $24 on eBay. I know a lot of people spend a lot more money on lip products, but to me this was a little too much. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ Although it costed a bit more than I would usually pay for, I think it was worth the money since this lip balm claimed to do everything that it stated and the ingredients included in this product were made up of lots of natural moisturizers you would find in other moisturizing creams or products. I also love the shape of the product too, it's really different than the typical round-shape lip stick or lip balm! The only unfortunate thing about it is that the color didn't suit me at all, since I look better with lighter colors such as pink. Here is a swatch of the color on my hand.



The color isn't too dark and it has a nice shine after applying one layer. It's always a good idea to apply one layer first and keep building up the color until you like it! ⋆


                                                       ✰ Pros and Cons 


Pros
💕 Buildable color
💕 Long-lasting moisturization
💕 Small and compact size to bring around anywhere!
💕 Unique packaging shape
💕 Didn't dry out lips after usage
💕 Most of the ingredients are natural oils and butters 


Cons
💕 A little expensive imo, but definitely worth the price! 
💕 The color didn't really suit me, but I think the lighter colors would look better for my skin tone 


                                                             ✰ Rating 

                                               😻😻😻😻 / 5


                                        ✰ Would I Recommend and Repurchase? 

Yes! I would recommend this lip balm to anyone looking for a moisturizing lip product while also having the addition of color to their lips! I think that dark colors such as this one would suit someone with a darker skin tone and not someone with light skin. This lip color might also look good if someone had dark or smokey eye makeup. I love using lip balms with color and this was a nice product for me to try out ♥ I would repurchase this product in the future, but I would purchase different colors, such as the light pink color #FLICKER or the coral-light pink color #SOFT MELLOW. My skin tone suits these light colors a lot more than dark colors, but I'm glad I was able to try this color out too! ⋆

Thank you for reading my review on the 3CE Bebe Color Lip Balm! If you are thinking of purchasing this product in the future, I hope you love it as much as I do ♥ Also, thank you to my parents for buying this lip balm for me on my birthday, I love trying out new products! 


♡ M. Kitty ♡

3 comments:

  1. The packaging is soooo nice!!! So glad that it is worth it even though its expensive. Thanks for the nice review!!

    www.rsbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!~ The packaging is very cute and unique, I love it! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice ^^ i love this lipbalm too ! <3


    Pheiyin93.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete