Tuesday, July 12, 2016

✰ Holika Holika ♥ Bouncing Petit BB Review ✰



I finally got a chance to try out the Bouncing Petit BB (바운싱 쁘띠 비비) cream from the brand Holika Holika (흘리카 흘리카)! I got this BB cream from the TofuCrate box for the month of May. I always wanted to try one of these Petit BB creams since a while ago, so I was really glad that my TofuCrate box had this BB cream included in it! ♡


                                               ✰ Description of the Product ✰

This Petit BB cream is one of five BB creams in Holika Holika's Petit BB line. This line was released a while ago (maybe a few years? I couldn't find the exact year) and the packaging was slightly different than the Petit BB's being sold now. Some of the names are also changed too.

Source: www.jolse.com

In the Petit BB line, the other BB creams are Shimmering, Clearing, Moisturizing, and Aqua. Here's a description of what each of the BB creams are meant to do as mentioned in the image above: 

Bouncing - Makes skin bouncy with essential petit BB that contains collagen and caviar!
                   Recommended for skin losing vitality and elasticity.  
Shimmering - Makes skin bright with shimmering petit BB that contains pearl powder!
                        Recommended for skin needing a bright glow finish. 
Clearing - Makes baby-like skin with clearing petit BB that contains tea-tree extract & sebum absorption powder!
                  Recommended for skin needing fresh finish, not greasy. 
Moisturizing - Makes watery glow skin with moisturizing petit BB that contains hyaluronic acid!
                         Recommended for skin suffered from dry atmosphere. 
Aqua - Makes transparently clear skin with watery petit BB that contains green tea & glacier water!
            Recommended for skin needing light & refreshing finish.
Each of the Petit BB creams have a different number of SPF included in the creams and for my Bouncing Petit BB, it contains SPF 30 PA++.


The packaging for this product is bright and cute. Written across the package is large crayon-type font that says Bouncing Petit BB in yellow color. The cap for this product is a purple color.


The whole back of the BB cream is in Korean and since the product is quite small, the size of the font is tiny as well, so it's a little hard to read unless I look really closely. The font color is also an orange-yellow on a light yellow background, so that doesn't make it any better ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ


Here is another photo of the back of the packaging.

Click to enlarge!~

The back of the product states how to use the product, the amount of product (30 ml), effect of the product, how to apply, main ingredients, side ingredients, and warnings in Korean.


The top of the bottle also has the expiration date printed. It says it's expired on April 4, 2018! I love when products state the expiration dates so that I can get an idea of how fresh the product was manufactured and also keeping track of the time when I should be using the product instead of letting it sit until the day it expires.


The cap twists off on the bottom and the BB cream can be squeezed out of the bottle. There wasn't a seal on the part where the BB cream comes out since the product itself was already wrapped with plastic. ⋆


                                       ✰ What is This Product Meant For? 

As stated on the image above showing all of the other different types of Petit BB creams, it states that this Bouncing Petit BB is meant for those with skin losing vitality and elasticity. It offers anti-wrinkle and whitening function to make your skin look more lively. My skin didn't seem like it was losing vitality or elasticity, but I used it anyways, so I'm sure this BB cream is okay for any skin type to use. ⋆
                                                     ✰ How to Use 

To use this BB cream, you can apply it like any other BB cream or foundation that you use. What I like to do is just squeeze out a small amount and apply it to all parts of my face (I start with cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead, then add more cream if needed in other areas). After that I use a beauty blender to blend the BB cream together gently to get a smoother finish. I used to use a brush instead of a makeup sponge, but I found that using a makeup sponge works a lot better because sometimes a brush can leave streak marks. ⋆


                                                      ✰ Ingredients 

I was able to find a list of the ingredients of this BB cream in English on the Holika Holika website!



After looking over the list of ingredients for this BB cream, I noticed that this cream includes some ingredients that some people might get irritation from. One of the first things I noticed was that this cream contains two parabens, and according to cosdna.com, propylparaben has a high safety level of 7! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ That safety level is way too high and the safety level of ingredients that we should aim for is as low as possible. This BB cream also contains fragrance, which some people might find irritating but I personally don't mind the smell and don't get irritations from it. Most of the ingredients have an overall safely level of 1-2 and there are some ingredients with a yellow safety level that you might want to look out for. Please check out the rest of the ingredients safety level at the cosdna website here, so that you can get an idea of any ingredients that might cause allergic reactions or irritations. ⋆

                                                      ✰ My Review 

I really liked how this BB cream looked after I applied it on my face! It made my skin look a lot brighter and it was able to cover up some red parts on my skin. ✰ It did have a little bit of a whitening effect to it, so this BB cream probably wouldn't be ideal to use for those with a darker skin tone. My skin is already quite pale, so this BB cream suited me nicely! I believe that there aren't different skin tone colors to choose from for this Petit BB line, it's only packaged in one color, so for those who purchase this and might think it's too light for their skin, you can always mix it with some other darker BB cream that you have on you! Here are some swatches of the BB cream on my hand~


The cream comes out smoothly and the color looks like a beige color.


After mixing the cream around with my finger, it moves around easily on my skin. It doesn't look like it matches my hand because of the lighting lol but it matches my face I promise! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ



Here is a photo I took in natural lighting with no makeup on. My skin isn't in the best condition, but it's also not too bad either. I just have some red spots on my cheek and also some dark acne spots. My face is slowly healing!


The BB cream did a really nice job covering my red spots and giving me an overall even skin tone! 
ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ It was able to brighten my face and give me a slightly dewy look. I also noticed that if you keep building up the cream on your skin, it might look a bit cakey :< Another downside to this BB cream is that it can last maybe 5-6 hours and after that it will need a touch-up because there were oily spots on some areas on my face where the BB cream looked obvious. It didn't look too bad, but I was able to notice it if I looked up-close in a mirror.

Overall, this was a nice BB cream that I can definitely include in my beauty routine since it gave my skin a nice finish. ✰ The only thing I don't like about this BB cream is that it contains ingredients that I would usually avoid such as parabens. It's not a big deal to me that I will stop using this cream, but it might just be something I can switch back and forth with my other BB creams. I might also just use this cream on days where I'm not out for a long time. If I wear this out for a longer period of time, it might be best to bring along a cushion and touch up the oily patches. ⋆


                                                    ✰ Pros and Cons 


Pros
💕 Smooth and bright finish on my skin!
💕 Dewy finish
💕 Cute, simple packaging
💕 Slightly fragrant, but it's not too strong
💕 Suited my skin tone nicely
💕 Includes sunblock
💕 No allergic reactions or irritations


Cons
💕 Contains parabens
💕 Those sensitive to fragrance might find this irritating
💕 It might start to look cakey if too much cream is built on the skin
💕 Caused some oily spots on my face after 5-6 hours of wear, made cream look obvious on my face


                                                          ✰ Rating 

                                            😻😻😻😻/ 5


                                       ✰ Would I Recommend and Repurchase? 

I would recommend this BB cream to anyone look to try out a new cream and wanting a brighter finish! This cream was able to make my dull skin look brighter after one layer, but if you add more layers, it might look like cakey foundation. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ  This BB cream also might only suit those with a lighter skin tone, but it might also work if you mix this cream with a darker shade to achieve a skin tone that matches your own, although I haven't tried it for myself. I don't think I would repurchase this BB cream since I like trying out new ones and this cream wasn't a BB cream that I can absolutely use everyday. It was nice to try this out, but I want to keep searching for another BB cream that I really like after using this one up! ⋆

Thank you for reading my review on the Bouncing Petit BB from the brand Holika Holika! ♥ If you are planning on purchasing this BB cream in the future, I hope you like it! See you in my next post really soon~ ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ


♡ M. Kitty ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment