Thursday, July 28, 2016

✰ TonyMoly ♥ Red Appletox Honey Cream Review ✰



The last time I went to a TonyMoly shop was last year when I traveled to Richmond, BC! When I was shopping there, I spotted this really cute Red Appletox Honey Cream and I wasn't sure if it was a moisturizer or a hand cream, but I still wanted to get it because of the cute packaging. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ I already spent a lot on other things in the store, like sheet masks and some of the other products from the Panda's Dream line, so I passed on this apple cream. ㅠ.ㅠ Maybe I'm meant to have this cream since I won this from 0.8L on Instagram in June and I got a chance to review it!

Today I will be reviewing the Red Appletox Honey Cream (레드애플톡스 허니크림) from the brand TonyMoly (토니모리). This brand is known for having very cute packaging and quality skincare! Most of the products are quite popular too and this brand is known by many Korean beauty lovers! ♡

                                         ✰ Description of the Product ✰

Source: www.misslie-collection.com
An advertisement for this Red Appletox Honey Cream states that it's a moisturizing cream with a gel consistency that leaves a sticky feeling when applied to your skin. It will get absorbed in your skin after a while and will make your face have a dewy finish. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ

Source: www.cnccanada.com

I found this Tips image for using this Red Appletox Honey Cream. This Tip states that you should pat your skin to fully absorb the cream. The slight stickyness in the cream will help create a massaging effect to your skin while you're patting your skin to absorb the product.


The Appletox cream that was sent to me was delivered to me damaged and the top is supposed to have a stem, but I'm guessing that it broke off on the way here :< I think it still looks okay though since it still has the leaf attached! I can always try to use super glue to stick the stem back on.


The bottom of the Appletox cream states the product brand, the name of the product. There is another sticker on top of the original sticker.


It was nice that the beauty company added the expiration date to their scanner tag! This expires next year on October 7, 2017, but I'm sure I'll be finished with this jar by then. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ


This product also arrived to me with a cute little spatula! I love that some skincare products provide a small spatula to use so you can use that to grab some of your product instead of using your fingers. This spatula is in a shape I haven't seen before too, the circle is where it will grab the product.


The cream is a rich yellow color with a sticky gel texture. If anyone ever used the Beauty of Joseon Dynasty Cream, the texture is really similar to that! I believe this product was trying to imitate the color of an actual apple and it does look very similar, although this color looks more like an apple that's been sitting in the air for a long time and starting to brown. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ I also love the scent of this cream. It has that sweet apple scent to it, but it's quite strong so those sensitive to fragrance or don't like fragrance in their skincare might not like this. ♡


The cream is a little sticky and it's able to apply smoothly on the skin! It doesn't feel greasy at all and the stickyness goes away after it's absorbed.


The product actually had a plastic covering to protect the cream, but when I opened the apple, the plastic covering became stuck on the top of the lid! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ I didn't want to remove it because it still has a lot of cream on it. The total amount of product is 80ml. ⋆


                                      ✰ What is This Product Meant For? 

This product claims to provide radiance and elasticity to your skin, cool down skin troubles, nourishes and moisturizes your skin, provide antioxidants, and provide an immunity and anti-bacterial effect. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ This cream contains a variety of extracts that targets certain areas of your skin to provide a greater effect for your skin. For example, the apple extract has an anti-aging property so it is meant to prevent aging of the skin. ⋆


                                                      ✰ How to Use 

To use this product, use the spatula included to take a small amount of cream and spread it around your face and neck. Try not to apply too much of the cream or else it will take much longer to absorb in your skin. Once the cream is spread around your face, you can see that it will just "sit" on your face, so it's best to gently pat your skin to make sure the cream is being absorbed into your skin for greater results. ♥ My skin is not sensitive, so I'm able to use this cream every night and I will start to use this in the daytime too. Although my skin is like this, it might be different for your skin, so be sure to test out how many times a week your skin is okay using this cream and go from there! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ Those with sensitive skin may want to refrain from using this cream daily since some of the ingredients in this cream may stimulate irritation. It's best for those with sensitive skin to use this cream once or twice a week! ⋆


                                                      ✰ Ingredients 


The Red Appletox Honey Cream didn't come with any ingredients on the package, but I was able to find the full list of the ingredients on cosdna.com here. After looking through the list, I noticed that this cream contains  a couple of parabens, with propylparaben having a high safely level. Most of the other ingredients fall in the green (safe zone) and some of them are in the yellow (medium zone), so please look over the list to see if there are any ingredients that you think will cause irritation or acne to your skin! There is also fragrance in this cream so those sensitive to fragrance might find this cream a bit too strong. This cream has some main ingredients that are specifically targeted to help your skin, which makes this a beneficial product to use for all skin types. 


Manuka Honey extract - Coming from the wild trees of New Zealand, this extract provides an immunity and anti-bacterial effect 
Royal Jelly extract - This extract cools down skin troubles, therefore making it good for all skin types,, especially sensitive skin.
Black Honey - Nourishes and moisturizes the skin due to the minerals and amino acids in the honey. 
Apple  - Smooths the skin and prevents aging of the skin with the help of it's antioxidant effects.
Propolis - Provides antioxidants.
Malic acid - Removes old dead skin cells, making the skin appear more radiant and moisturized.


                                                      ✰ My Review 

After using this Red Appletox Honey Cream, my skin felt a lot softer and looked brighter by the morning. My face felt really moisturized and gave my face a healthy, dewy finish. ♡ I really love this cream and I've been using it every night in place of my other night cream. Before, I was using the Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream at night and it's almost finished, so I'm glad I received this cream just in time! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ After doing some research on this Appletox Honey Cream, I found that it contains AHA properties, so it's okay to use everyday. I'll probably start using this cream in my morning routine too once my current moisturizer is finished. Using this product didn't give me any breakouts or irritations, so that is a plus for me! ♥ The packaging for this cream is so cute and actually feels like the size of a real apple, which is a lot different than a lot of other cream packaging. The cream did feel a little bit sticky when it's first applied, but after a while the stickyness goes away after the cream is absorbed in my skin! The scent was also very sweet and appley, so I loved the experience of using it! ♡ Below are some photos of the cream on my hand.



The cream comes on clear, kind of transparent and there is some shine to it. 



It's hard to see because of the lighting, but the area where I applied the cream looks shinier and not greasy. It makes my skin look healthy and moisturized! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ

*An unrelated issue about this product was the way it was delivered to me. The thing that disappointed me was how the product was packaged to come to my home. I found the Appletox cream rolling around in a large yellow envelope without anything wrapped around it. When I opened the envelope, the Appletox cream was sticky and wet, which is probably because some of the product seeped out a little. Luckily the Appletox cream was sealed with a sticker so I know it wasn't used or opened. I also noticed the cream didn't have it's stem on the top and found the broken stem on the bottom of the envelope. I received a receipt in the package stating the beauty company that provided this cream and it's called Hellocos (I've never heard of this beauty company before). If anyone bought anything from this site before, what's your experience in the way they package their products? From the way they packaged this, I probably would never purchase something from this site since I received this Appletox cream damaged. Everything else I've received from other online beauty shops deliver products to me safely in a box (doesn't have to be wrapped with bubble wrap) or if it is delivered in an envelope, it's wrapped with bubble wrap. This was just poor packaging in my opinion. ⋆


                                                    ✰ Pros and Cons 


Pros
💕 Brightened my face and made my skin feel really soft
💕 Skin felt elastic and lightened dark acne spots
💕 Very moisturizing and gave a dewy finish! 
💕 Cute packaging!
💕 Sweet apple scent
💕 Comes with a spatula to avoid contamination
💕 Price is very affordable! (~$10 on eBay)
💕 No breakouts or irritations

Cons
💕 It's a little sticky at first, but then goes away after a while
💕 Contains parabens


                                                        ✰ Rating 

                                           😻😻😻😻😻 / 5


                                       ✰ Would I Recommend and Repurchase? 

Yes!! I would definitely recommend and repurchase this product! ♥ Although I don't like how this cream contains parabens, I think it's still okay for me to use because my skin reacted positively after using this. My skin looked like it was glowing a bit after applying the cream, I didn't have any breakouts or irritations, my skin felt smoother and brighter, and my skin felt very soft! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ Another plus is that this cream is very affordable to purchase and comes with cute packaging.~ I recommend this cream to anyone looking for instant dewy-looking skin and a nice moisturizer for their skin. This cream is suitable to any skin type, but those with sensitive skin may want to use this cream once a week. Another alternative is to also use this cream as a sleeping pack! ⋆

Thank you for reading my review on this Red Appletox Honey Cream! I enjoyed using this cream and I'm very glad I won this from 0.8L. ♥ Although I won this from 0.8L, it was sent to me to review and everything stated in this review is my own and honest opinion! See you in my next post!!~


♡ M. Kitty ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment