Tuesday, April 26, 2016

✰ [Sheet Mask Review] My Scheming ♥ Milk Extract Brightening Mask ✰


Hi everyone!~ How is your day going so far? I just started school recently, so I've been too busy to write a new post :c I'll work harder to try and deliver new content and reviews as soon as possible, so please keep waiting!

Today, I will be reviewing the Taiwanese sheet mask brand, My Scheming's Milk Extract Brightening Mask. I thought this mask sounded interesting when I picked it up from the Japanese grocery store Uwaijimaya and I wanted to try it since it contained milk extract and milk is known to brighten and lighten your skin! ♡



✰ Description of the Product ✰


Click image above to see enlarged version~

This sheet mask is part of the Taiwanese sheet mask brand My Scheming and the packaging for these masks are always very cute! The front of the package has a cute illustration of a girl bathing in a milk bath since there is a small angel puppy on the top pouring a bottle labeled "milk" and the packaging has small milk bottles all over the front and back. This sheet mask was bought for $1.75 from Uwaijimaya. The price of this sheet mask is pretty decent, it's about similar price to Korean sheet masks in beauty stores, although I'm sure if you buy sheet masks in a large pack, it would be a lot cheaper if you can find good deals. The back of the packaging states that it is made in Taiwan and contains 30 mL of product.



The back of the package shows a small illustration of how the essence inside the mask absorbs into your skin. It doesn't have any English translations underneath, so I'm not really sure what it's saying since it's all in Taiwanese. 


✰ What is This Product Meant For? ✰

The package states that this mask is meant to brighten your skin and make it softer, while also reviving it's elasticity. The mask is also supposed to give your skin moisture and smooth out lines and wrinkles. The milk extract in the mask is commonly used as a brightener since it contains many vitamins and minerals. 
                                   
                 


                                                                    ✰ How to Use 

Cleanse your face first before applying the mask. I don't usually put on toner before wearing sheets masks, but if the package says it's recommend then you can use toner. When ready to apply the mask, remove the pearl paper connected with the mask and press it lightly on your face. Be sure to smooth out any wrinkles from the mask and apply the leftover essence from your hands on your arms, neck, or legs. Leave the mask on for about 20-30 minutes. When finished, pat on the rest of the essence in the package and then apply the rest of your skincare routine. Do not wash your face after you take the mask off! 


                                                                    ✰ Ingredients 

The majority of the ingredients listed on the package doesn't seem too harmful and should be safe enough to put on your face. There are a lot of extracts included in this mask, such as fruit extract, milk extract, and ginkgo biloba leaf extract. The only thing that I can see as something that people would caution is methylparaben. According to cosdna.com, the safety level for the ingredient methylisothiazolinone is really high, so this might be a consideration for those who might be concerned about irritations or allergic reactions. The photo below is the list of ingredients included in this package. 
                                                               


Be sure to check out the list of ingredients and the safety of them on cosdna.com (here) just to be cautious of what you are going to put on your face. It helps to consider this before purchasing so that you know the safety levels of the ingredients in the mask. 


                                                                     ✰ My Review 

After using this mask, I didn't really see any difference in my skin the night I used it or the day after. It did make my face feel hydrated throughout the night, but I didn't see any brightness like it said it would have. One of the good things is that it didn't break me out or cause any irritation on my face, but other than that the mask didn't really live up to it's claim. The mask also didn't seem to have any scent to it, so it might be good for those who might be sensitive to perfume in cosmetics. 


                                                                    ✰ Pros and Cons 


Pros

πŸ’• Face felt hydrated after using
πŸ’• No irritation or allergic reactions and no break-outs
πŸ’• No scent/perfume
πŸ’• Very cute and simple packaging!


Cons

πŸ’• Didn't brighten face or smooth out any lines or wrinkles
πŸ’• Contains a paraben and a couple of other potentially harmful ingredients


                                                                           ✰ Rating 

                                                        😻😻 / 5


                                                    ✰ Would I Recommend and Repurchase? 

No, I don't think I would recommend this mask only because it didn't brighten my skin or live up to what it claims it would do. The price is decent for a sheet mask and the two stars were for hydrating my skin and not giving me any break-outs. The ingredients were a concerning point too, since one of it reached a red safety level of 7 in cosdna.com, although the majority were in the green safety level. It's possible this mask might brighten the skin after many uses, but I wouldn't repurchase it again to try! 

Thank you for reading my first sheet mask review!~ I'll be doing more reviews on sheet masks in the future so please look forward to it! Hopefully my reviews can give you an idea on whether you plan on purchasing it or not or if you want to purchase it just to try it out. I'll see you in my next post really soon!~


♡ M. Kitty ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment