Tuesday, June 28, 2016

✰ 백옥생 ♥ Jeju Volcanic Scoria Hand Cream Review ✰


Hello everyone~ ♡ I recently unboxed a beauty box TofuCrate recently (you can read it here!) and I received this hand cream from them! I'm a big fan of hand creams and I always love using them daily as long as it doesn't make my hands feel sticky. The main things I look for in a hand cream is moisturizing, lightly scented, and non-sticky.

Today I will be reviewing the Jeju Volcanic Scoria Hand Cream (화산송이 핸드크림) from the brand 백옥생 (Baekoksaeng). I love using hand creams in the daytime and before I sleep, so this hand cream was perfect for me to use and a big bonus is the scent is so floral and relaxing!~


                                         ✰ Description of the Product ✰

This hand cream is a moisturizing hand cream that is made with volcanic scoria from Jeju. For those who aren't familiar with scoria, it is a highly vesicular, dark-colored volcanic rock (it's the rock on the front package!)



According to the Baekoksaeng website, this brand is a "unique company which modernized traditional Korean herbal medicine to create a territory of Korean herbal medicine cosmetics" (baekoksaeng.co.kr). The Baekoksaeng Korean herbal medicine cosmetics focus on creating effective and safe cosmetics made with dozens of selected Korean herbs to benefit the skin and body. Aside from cosmetics, Baekoksaeng also develops health drinks, foods, and medicine based on traditional Korean herbal technology! (baekoksaeng.co.kr)


One of the sides of the packaging lists warnings and cautions.


The other side of the of the packaging states a description of the product, the ingredients, and how to use the hand cream.


This side of the package lists the warnings and cautions when using the product. There are warnings listed with numbers and letters to take note of before using this hand cream. 

1. Please stop using the cream if these symptoms occur. If you use it continuously it will cause more harm and you should see a dermatologist right away. 
      A) Red swelling, itchiness, cream makes your skin sensitive. 
      B) If symptoms from above occurs is exposed to sunlight. 

2. Don't apply on an open wound.

3. How to store. 
      A) After use please close the lid. 
      B) Please store it in a place where children can't reach.

4. Avoid using near the eyes.

5. If the product gets in the eyes, do not rub and wash it out with water. Seek medical care right away.


The description in red states that this product contains plant based beauty ingredients. It will make rough and easily damaged parts of the hand smooth. The next section in black states the ingredients and the last section in black states how to use the product. 



The packaging for the bottle is simple with a cute design of flowers on the front. The bottle is able to stand on it's own and the cap twists off.


There is 100 ml of product in the squeeze bottle so it should last a while. The short description on the bottom is the only place where it states English, everywhere else on the package is all in Korean.


The whole back of the bottle is in Korean and it states the same things as on the box package. The red part on the top is the description, and the next sections in black states the ingredients, how to use, and cautions.


Here is a closer photo of the back of the bottle! If you would like to read it, you can click on the image to make it larger.~


Before using the hand cream, you have to remove a protection seal! This seal ensures that the product is fresh and hasn't been used.


Removing the seal reveals the part where the cream can be squeezed from and the cap will help keep it fresher longer. 


The cream itself is white and is really smooth when applied on my hands! The scent is really relaxing too, it has a light herbal and floral scent that's not too heavy. I really love the scent of this hand cream since I love herbal and relaxing scents~ ⋆


                                      ✰ What is This Product Meant For? 

The packaging states that this product is a moisturizing cream that will help rough, dry hands with Volcanic Scoria extract. This cream will help make your skin moist and smooth and is okay to use on all skin types. ⋆


                                                    ✰ How to Use 

Apply a small pea-sized amount of the cream to your hands when they are feeling really dry. I recommend to use this hand cream only when your hands are feeling dry, rough, or coarse. The package states to use this cream, use if your hands feel dry and apply a proper portion to the entire hand and let it get absorbed ⋆


                                                    ✰ Ingredients 


The ingredients on the package is all in Korean, but here is a translation of the ingredients! 

정제수 - purified water, 미네랄오일 - mineral oil, 글리세린 - glycerine, 세틸알코올 - cetyl alcohol, 스테아릭애씨드 - stearic acid, 잔탄검 - xanthan gum, 디소듐 이디티에이 - disodium EDTA, 메칠파라벤 - methylparaben, 카보머 - carbomer, 친유형글리세릴스테이레이트 - glyceryl stearate lipophilic, 글리세릴스 테이레이트 - glyceryl stearate, 풀리소르베이트60 - polysorbate 60, 디메치콘 - dimethicone, 프로필파라벤 - propylparaben, 부틸파라벤 - butylparaben, 트리에탄올아민 - triethanolamine, 올리브오일 - olive oil, 화산송이 - volcanic scoria, 알로에베라 잎추출물 - aloe vera extract, 녹치추출물 - green tea extract, 레몬추출물 - lemon extract, 향료 - fragrance

From the list of ingredients, this hand cream consists of a lot of ingredients we don't really want to have in our skincare products, such as mineral oil or any parabens. The natural ingredients like the extracts don't seem to outweigh the other 'bad' ingredients. 


                                                    ✰ My Review 

I really loved using this hand cream since it really moisturized my hands and it didn't leave my hands feeling sticky. I also let my mom try this cream out for her hands and her hands are usually feeling dry and rough, but after using this cream, she claimed it really did make her hands feel a lot softer! After using the cream, my mom's hands looked really moisturized and healthy. Below are some photos I took with the cream! 


My hands were a little dry before using this hand cream and I thought it would be perfect to give it a test! The cream is quite thick and I don't even need to use much of the cream to apply for my whole hand.


The cream glides around my hand smoothly and feels like it 'melts' on my skin! The feeling is really nice and makes my hand feel a lot softer instantly.


Ta-da!~ My hand looks and feels really soft and moisturized. There wasn't a sticky feeling after using the hand cream and I would say my hands stayed moisturized for a decent amount of time. The scent of this hand cream smelled so good too, I kept sniffing my hand just to smell more of that herbal scent! The only thing that worries me is the ingredients in this product, I honestly don't feel that comfortable using products with mineral oil in it. Although this hand cream did make my hands feel really soft, I would refrain from using this hand cream everyday. I'd probably just use it when my hands are feeling really, really dry. ⋆


                                                 ✰ Pros and Cons 

Pros
💕 Relaxing herbal scent that's not too strong
💕 Very moisturizing and leaves my hands feeling soft
💕 No sticky feeling after cream is applied
💕 Bottle is a good size to carry around!
💕 Cute and simple packaging design

Cons
💕 Contains mineral oil, parabens, and some other ingredients to take note of


                                                       ✰ Rating 

                                                       😻😻😻 / 5


                                 ✰ Would I Recommend and Repurchase? 

Hmm, I have mixed feelings on this cream. I would recommend this hand cream to anyone looking to try a new herbal scented or moisturizing hand cream, but also anyone who doesn't mind using some ingredients that should usually be avoided. I wouldn't recommend this hand cream to anyone who generally avoids mineral oil, parabens, or any of the listed ingredients from above. I don't think I would repurchase this again in the future, although it is a nice cream, I don't like to use any skincare products containing mineral oil. Even though there are some ingredients to be avoided, it is probably safe to use once in a while when your hands need a little bit more moisture to it! 

Thank you for reading my review on this Jeju Volcanic Scoria Hand Cream that I received from my May TofuCrate subscription! It was a surprise to get this hand cream and I'm really glad I got it just to try out new products~ See you in my next post! ⋆


♡ M. Kitty ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment