Saturday, August 13, 2016

✰ Lotte ♥ Choco Pie Review ✰



I thought that it would be fun to create some posts on snack reviews so I bought this box of Choco Pie as my first review! I never tried this snack before, but I've heard of it. I bought this box at a Japanese grocery store near my home called Uwaijimaya and it was on sale for about $2.50. ♡


                                           ✰ Description of the Product ✰

The brand of the Choco Pie that I bought is Lotte, but there is another brand that I've heard of called Orion, so I will try that out another day! This package comes with 12 small individual Choco Pies, so it's a pretty good price for twelve Choco Pies. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ



The back of the box has the Choco Pie design and also some other information about the name, ingredients, and manufacturer. There are five different sections in English, Russian, Spanish, French, and I believe the last language is Azerbaijani.


The Choco Pies are made in Korea and in the ingredients, the Choco Pies contain artificial vanilla flavoring! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ Although these are tasty, I don't usually like to eat foods with artificial flavors or colors.


The expiration date is printed on the box too, so I know that I have until November of this year to finish it! ✰

Each Choco Pie contains 125 calories with 8% total fat, 10g of sugar, and 1g of protein. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ This snack is not very healthy, but it's okay to eat it once in a while. 

Each pie is put together neatly in pairs! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ Some allergy information is that this snack contains wheat, milk, and soy bean. It may also contain egg, almond, or peanut, so please take caution and be careful before consuming!



The Choco Pies are in small red packages and have a the same design as on the box packaging. I love how there is an image of a sliced Choco Pie on the front, it looks so delicious! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ


The back of the packaging has the same information as on the back of the box packaging, so nothing is different. ⋆


                                                         ✰ My Review 



This Choco Pie wasn't really what I expected. The white filling is like a fluffy marshmallow and the bread between it is like a dry cake. When I bit the snack, the dry bread part crumbles a little and the snack overall tasted sweet. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ I thought that this snack would have a soft cake between the marshmallow part, kind of like angel cake, but nonetheless, it was still very delicious! ♥ It is worth trying, but next time I'd probably just buy a smaller package that contains maybe 6 pies. The snack is sold at a good price, it's not too expensive, although I bought it when it was on sale at my local Japanese grocery store. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ For the taste of the pie, I did like the taste, but would have preferred if it didn't contain artificial flavorings. I'm a little picky when it comes to snacks, so it will be hard to find a delicious snack without artificial flavorings! ⋆


                                                      ✰ Rating 

                                          😻😻😻😻/ 5


                                   ✰ Would I Recommend and Repurchase? 

I would recommend this snack to anyone who loves a good, sweet pastry! If you don't like the texture of dry cake, you'd probably not like this snack. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ I don't think I would repurchase a big pack of 12 Choco Pies again, but I might repurchase a smaller package in the future when I feel like eating this again! ♥

Thank you for reading my first snack review! It's very fun to try new snacks, so I'll continue to do more interesting and fun snack reviews in future posts. See you in my next post!! ♡



♡ M. Kitty ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment