Tuesday, June 20, 2017

✰ Sock Haul from Richmond, BC!~ August 2016 ✰



I went on a huge sock haul during my trip to Richmond, BC last year around August and I bought all of these cute socks at the Richmond Night Market! ♥ The socks that I chose were so adorable and there were even more cute ones, but I didn't get a chance to purchase all of them! ♡


There were a ton of stalls that were selling socks, but I looked through the stalls to find the best deal, which were 10 socks for $10. Other stalls sold them for 7 for $10 or 8 for $10, so if you like saving a little money, it helps to look around first! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ I really love the quality of the socks, they're very soft and comfortable. Here are all of the socks that I bought, hopefully these will give you an idea of the type of socks you want to wear and you can stop by the Richmond Night Market if you're ever in the area (directions will be posted at the end!). ♥



These puppy ankle socks are my favorite out of all of the socks I got! I love puppies and it's cute how the top of the sock has little ears that stick out. ♡ The material is really soft and feels comfortable to wear.


I love cats so I thought these would be really cute to wear outside and around my home ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ These ankle socks is made with a sturdy material, it doesn't feel thin, but it also doesn't feel too thick. It's very comfortable to wear and feels like it will last a long time!


The sock stall had a ton of animal prints, so I had to get this panda print as well ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ These are also ankle socks and made out of a comfy, sturdy material like the gray and white kitty socks.


I love the color combination of these kitty socks and couldn't get enough of cat print when I saw this! ♡ These ankle socks fit comfortably and look so adorable when worn.



I'm a big fan of Totoro, so I was happy to see these socks at the stall! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ I believe a lot of the stalls have tons of character socks, so there's a lot of variety for people who have different interests and are fans of certain characters.


I grew up watching Sailor Moon, so I had to get these cute Artemis socks! I believe they had a Luna version as well, but I just got this one since I prefer white colors over black since I already have a lot of black socks. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ The only thing that I noticed about this sock is the stitching around the eyes has thread that doesn't match some colors (like the blue thread on the black outline). It's not very noticeable from afar, but still looks very cute!


I love the color combination of this sock with a green-mint top and white bunny for the bottom portion. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ This style had other colors as well, I believe there was a gray version and a pink one too, but I settled for this mint color since I don't have any socks in a cute pastel green color! ♡


These adorable bear socks would look cute with any outfit in any season, since it would keep your ankles warm in the Winter, but it would look just as cute to show in the Summer! ♥ These socks reaches above the ankle, but I love the length because it's not too high.


I've been wanting these longer socks since I mostly have ankle socks in my closet, so my ankles are always really cold when I wear long pants in the Winter ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ The print for these socks has vibrant colors for the cherry and the material feels very soft and comfy!


It's Pikachu! ♡ Pikachu is my favorite Pokemon character so I had to get these pairs of socks! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ The color of this sock is more like a bright mustard color, but would look cute with any kind of yellow outfit. These ankle socks have a similar material quality like most of the other socks, so it feels very comfortable.


I was excited to see these Bonobono socks since I was introduced to him by a special friend and we watched some of the episodes together! ♡ I believe this character originated from Japan as a manga and also turned into an anime, but the version that we watched was in Korean as a children's show. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ You can find these funny episodes online if you're interested in watching it! These socks feel really comfortable and I especially love how Bonobono is holding his special shell like in the show. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ


I've always been looking for adorable socks like these that would create a cute look with a stylish outfit! The top part is a little stretchy and it's made of some kind of thin, lace or ribbon material. The material for this sock is really thin, so it's just a stylish sock, not a sock you would wear to keep your feet warm. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ The tag that it came with suggests to turn it inside-out when washing it since it's a really delicate sock.


This sock is similar to the white pair of socks above, it's very cute and stylish, but made of really thin material! I honestly don't know what happened to the top part of the sock, I'm sure it was supposed to be uniform dots, but it might have shifted around so much that the string looks detached. Hopefully I can fix it by sewing it into place by hand. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ The transparent part is like a very thin ribbon and I love the overall look of this sock, except for the top dots that seemed to have gotten messed up. This sock would also be turned inside-out when going in the wash!


This was the last pair of socks that I purchased! I wanted a black pair similar to the cute, but thin socks above, so I chose this style with sparkly, silver thread all over the sock and a cute thin lacy-ribbon on the stretchy top part. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ

I'm glad I bought all of these socks since I've been needing some new ones to wear throughout the year! ♡ It was really fun shopping for the socks and overall just looking through the night market and eating delicious foods. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ The Richmond Night Market is now open since it's Summer, so if you're in the area, you should check it out! Here is some information on the night markets in Canada if you're interested:

Richmond Night Market (Usually a ducky theme)
8351 River Rd.
Richmond, BC V6X 1Y4
Open on Friday, Saturday, Sunday starting May 12 to October 9, 2017
*This one is always extremely crowded and full of people, so be prepared to stand in line to get in!

International Summer Night Market (Usually a panda theme)
12631 Vulcan Way
Richmond, BC V6V 1J7
Open on Friday, Saturday, Sunday starting April 29 to September 11, 2017
*No need to stand in line for this one, as it's not as crowded and not as busy

I had such a fun time in Canada and can't wait to go back again really soon! I'll probably be there around the hot July weather this year, so I'll be sure to buy more socks and skincare products ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ Thank you for reading my sock haul and I hope I gave you some ideas on types of socks you might be wanting to get! If you ever go to BC, I always suggest going to the night markets in the Summer since they're so much fun. See you in my next post!~ ♡


♡ M. Kitty ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment