Sunday, September 18, 2016

✰ Daiso Haul!~ August 2016 ✰


I traveled to Richmond, BC towards the end of August with my family and had so much fun shopping and eating there! ♥ We ate at a ton of delicious restaurants and I was really happy we were able to find more Korean beauty stores in some malls during our trip. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ I bought a ton of stuff from Daiso at the Aberdeen Centre, so I'm excited to show you what I got! ♡

For those who don't know about Daiso, this store is a Japanese store that sells houseware, beauty items, some food, stationary, and just about anything! In Canada, all of the items in the store are $2 unless marked otherwise and in the United States, the items are $1.50.

I always love shopping at Daiso since they carry a ton of cute stuff and I usually head to the beauty section first. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ

I picked up this charcoal mask since my mom loves to use this for her nose and I use it as well since it's really helpful for cleaning stuff out of your nose and small hairs. I don't really use this for my whole face, just on small areas such as the chin or nose. There were a lot of these left so I was happy to pick one up!


I headed to the hair section and picked up these cord hair ties! I always heard these were good to use for the hair and it secures it tightly without pulling on your hair, so I decided to try these out. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ I chose one package with colors and the other package is just a simple black color.


I picked up two packages of these nail art rhinestones, one being a star shape and the other package being a round shape. I didn't buy these to use on nails, but I bought these for future crafting projects, such as one that I'll show later in this post. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ

The last beauty item I bought were these red tweezers with a very sharp tip. It doesn't have a slanted tip like the usual tweezers you would find at a store, but I chose these ones so that I can use it for crafting projects that require placing small objects (like rhinestones), rather than using my fingers and accidentally misplacing it. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ

The next section I headed to was the cooking and baking section of the store and they carried a lot of cute stuff! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ I bought this cookie cutter in the shape of a paw print, so I thought it would look very cute when I use this to make cookies. ♥ I love kitty-inspired items, so I was really excited to get this!

The next thing I got was this boiled egg mold which creates a shape of either a bunny or a bear. I thought this would be a cute way to eat eggs since I usually don't like eating them, but they're very healthy for you! Maybe I'll post a tutorial of this egg mold in the future and show what the outcome looks like. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ


I bought this tofu decostamp that creates fun animal prints when you drizzle soy sauce on the top. ♥ It comes with four different animals, a cat, rabbit, bear, and panda. The directions say to use silken tofu and press the stamp into the tofu and then remove it. If you pressed the stamp long enough, it should make the animal indentation and after you get that, you can drizzle some soy sauce on the top to make it more noticeable! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ Although this is meant for tofu, I feel like it would also work well with custard type desserts, such as flan.

The last baking item I bought was this very cute decoration letter stamps to stamp on cookies. Almost all of the letters come in pairs, but some of them come in singles. It also comes with an explanation point, question mark, star shape, and heart shape!


Here are the instructions on how to use this stamping tool. First you cut off the letter you want to use with scissors, then insert it into the stamp's main body, and just stamp away. It seems pretty easy to use, so I'll be sure to test it out in the future when I bake some delicious cookies! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ


The next area of Daiso that I looked at was the stationary section! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ There were a ton of cute stuff there, but one of the first things that I bought in that section was this yellow folder with three dividers. I thought that this folder would be great for me to use for organizing school work for the next year. ♥

Daiso always has a ton of these cute erasers in the shape of foods or animals. ♥ There were a lot to choose from, but I already had most of the ones there, so I decided to get a pack of the Japanese sweets and the other one is a set of six different colored gorillas to go on the top of your pencil! I love how Daiso sells these in a pack of three for $2 CAD and some stores in the US sells one eraser for $.99. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ


I love collecting stickers and using them to decorate photos, letters, planners, and diaries. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ There were also a lot of cute stickers to choose from at Daiso, but the ones I settled for was a sheet with animals and shapes, a sheet for decorating planners which had stickers of animals and blocks to indicate holidays, another sheet to decorate planners, but this one had images of things like hospital, date, birthday, the next sheet is of random animals, and the last sheet is full of pastel owls! ♡


The last stationary item I decided to get was a colorful letter set with lots of cute animals printed on it! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ The letter set comes with six envelopes, twelve sheets of paper, and one sheet of sticker seals.


The next area of Daiso that I headed to was the crafting area! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ There was a large variety of craft materials there, such as stuff for sewing, knitting, crochet, origami, clay making, beading, and needle felting. I bought two different applique designs and these are meant to apply on fabric, like a backpack. I'm not sure how to use this yet, but I thought it was very cute so I decided to get a bear with an apple and a pink kitty! ♡


I bought these cute plastic containers to make ice cream sundae keychains/phone charms! ♥ I thought buying the accessories and material for creating this would be a very fun crafting project and I could also post a tutorial in the future on my blog so others can see the process of how it's made. For this set, I bought two different shaped bowls to hold the ice cream in, with each set containing three bowls. There was also a waffle cone bowl design too, but I decided not to get that.

The white pen is the "whipped cream" to fill the sundaes with and it also comes with a small detachable piping nozzle to create the look of a real whipped cream. The pink and brown smaller pens are the chocolate and strawberry syrup toppings!


I bought some accessories to decorate the sundaes with and some of the ones that I chose were rainbow sprinkles, whipped cream, and a mixture of dark chocolate, white chocolate, and cookies! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ


The fruit toppings that I chose were a mixture of apples, bananas, peaches, and orange slices, strawberries, and black and red raspberries.


The last of the decorating items that I purchased for creating the sundaes were these cute pastel-colored stars, bows, and heart decorations to give the sundaes a cute look. Instead of making the sundaes as keychains, I'll probably make them into phone charms! Daiso also sells the phone charm strings and hooks, but I didn't purchase any this time since I have a lot already.


Moving on to the rest of the miscellaneous items, I thought I needed to organize my room a little and put stuff to storage, so I bought two medium-sized rectangular boxes with roses printed on the lid and the smaller box is a heart shape with roses printed on the bottom part of the box. ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ I believe the larger boxes were $.50 more, but I think it's okay since it's already fairly cheap and looks very cute!

In the small electronic section, I chose this pink-colored iPhone 5 case for my phone since I've been needing a new case! There were also cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus as well. The quality for this is decent, it's able to protect my phone if I drop it, but there are already some scratches on the back. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ


The very last item that I bought from Daiso were two packs of this heart-printed tissue paper! I believe these had a deal like buy 2 for $2. There were many other colors as well, but I thought this print looked cute. ♥

This concludes my Daiso haul of August 2016! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ I had such a fun time shopping here and I can never get enough of this cute store every year that I go. This Daiso that I went to was in the Aberdeen Centre in Richmond, BC, so check it out if you're in the area! In Aberdeen Centre, there are also some Korean beauty stores like Nature Republic, Tony Moly, and Aritaum, so I had fun shopping there too. ♥ While you're there you can grab a bubble tea or eat some food at the food court too! Thank you for reading my haul, I really love sharing the items that I got so that maybe it can give you an idea on some items to purchase for yourself when you go to Daiso too. See you in my next post!~ ⋆


♡ M. Kitty ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment