Friday, March 30, 2018

✰ Nature Republic ♥ Real Nature Mask Sheet (Tomato) Review ✰


I've never tried any Nature Republic (네이처리퍼플릭) sheet masks before, so I decided to pick this one up at my local Korean beauty store near my home! ♥ This mask is the Real Nature Mask Sheet (리얼 네이처 토마토 마스크 시트) in the tomato type and the front of the mask says 매끈미백 토마토 which means smooth whitening tomato. The box with the check inside says 미백기능성 and this means whitening function. If you are looking for a whitening sheet mask, the keyword you should look for is 미백. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ


                                                  ✰ Description of the Product ✰



This sheet mask is part of the Real Nature Mask Sheet line that contains 13 other types, including 생기보습 장미 (rejuvenating rose), 마일드진정 캐모마일 (mild calming chamomile), and 영양강화 아보카도 (nutrition reinforcement avocado).


The backside of the packaging states the benefits of the mask, directions for how to use the mask, capacity (23 mL of essence), and ingredients. 


                                            ✰ What is This Product Meant For? 


This mask claims to be a smoothing and whitening cellulose mask sheet from longevity tomatoes. The sheet mask contains lots of vitamin C from tomato extract which helps the cleansing of the skin and NiacinAmide to help whiten the skin.



"Long-living tomato extract story"
Long-living tomato ➛ essence extraction ➛ essence percolation 


"3 stage cellulose sheet"
3 stage natural cellulose sheet increases skin absorption through maintaining moisturization for an extended period of time. Moisturization through high-concentration essence and providence of nutrients. 


                                                            ✰ How to Use 



To use this mask, the directions suggest to wash your face with a cleanser before using the mask and then use a toner to prep your skin. After this step, I usually continue with the rest of my "light" skincare like my first essence (anything with a watery texture) because the serum in the sheet mask is thicker than the lighter products. Remember, we want to build our skincare routine by starting with the watery products first and then moving towards the thicker products! ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ After applying the mask evenly around the face, leave it on for 10-20 minutes, remove the mask, and apply the rest of the serum from the package before moving on to the rest of your skincare products. Be sure to lightly tap the essence on your skin to absorb. 


                                                            ✰ Ingredients 



After using this mask, I was glad that I didn't get any breakouts from it. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ The mask contains a lot of fruit extracts, which is nice, but I dislike having masks that contain alcohol in it. What made the mask unpleasant was the slight alcohol scent that I smelled from it! I was also surprised to see the ingredient glycerin included, which is meant to be a skin-replenishing or skin-restoring ingredient. The rest of the ingredients seem decent, like ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate and disodium EDTA, but a triggering ingredient from some people is the fragrance added in the mask! If your skin is sensitive to fragrance, it might be best to reconsider using this mask. 


                                                            ✰ My Review 

I have mixed thoughts on this mask... I have never used a Nature Republic mask before so I was looking forward to this mask, but I have both positive and negative reviews on it. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ To start, the scent was quite unpleasant to me because when I smelled it up close, it had a slight alcohol scent to it. The scent wasn't very strong and didn't linger for long, but I wouldn't really like to have a fermented smell to my mask. The fit of the mask was really nice and it fit my face well, but it wasn't perfect! I'm still on a search for a mask that has a perfect fit to my face. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ                  



I also loved how the mask felt really soft! It's a cotton mask, but had a different texture from other cotton masks... it's hard to describe! ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ The mask was thoroughly soaked with essence and had an ample amount of essence left in the packaging.



There wasn't too much essence left in the packaging, which was fine with me because if there's too much, I end up using it on my arms and legs to give it some moisturization. The essence absorbed quickly in my skin after gently tapping it and my skin did look a bit bouncy! ♥ After removing the mask, I didn't see any brightening or whitening effects that the mask claimed to have, which was disappointing since tomato-based masks usually target whitening! To end my whole masking experience for the night, I slept with hair sticking to my face since the essence left my skin feeling really sticky, almost uncomfortably sticky. I'm pretty used to having a slight stickyness after a mask, but this one was kind of too much for me. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ


                                                         ✰ Pros and Cons 

Pros
💕 Left my skin feeling moisturized
💕 Fast absorption
💕 No allergic reactions or skin irritations
💕 Comfortable mask that had a great fit
💕 Simple, yet appealing packaging
💕 Package included an English portion of the directions, cautions and ingredients for those who cannot read Korean


Cons
💕 After the serum was absorbed, it left my skin feeling sticky
💕 Scent had a slight alcohol smell
💕 Didn't see any instant whitening


                                                            ✰ Rating 

                                           😻😻😻/ 5


                                        ✰ Would I Recommend and Repurchase? 

I don't think I would recommend this mask to anyone! ㅠ.ㅠ I personally didn't really like it, so I wouldn't repurchase it, but I'm up for trying the other masks in the Real Nature Mask line and seeing how it compares to this mask. The scent of the mask might bother some people and it would probably cause allergic reactions to those sensitive to fragrance. I also wouldn't lean towards this mask if you're looking for a mask that would help whiten your skin, as there are probably better masks to choose from for that function! ⋆

Thank you for reading my review on this Nature Republic Tomato Real Nature Mask Sheet!! ♡ I honestly stopped using masks for a while due to my busy schedule, but I've been working hard to add it to my daily routine after being motivated from a trip to Canada a few days ago! I traveled to BC and had delicious food while also getting a chance to do lots of shopping. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ There were tons and tons of beauty products there and a large selection of masks, which was when I realized I had a bunch of masks stored in my home that needs to be used before moving on to new masks. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ If you've made it this far on my post, thank you for reading and I'll be sure to post more reviews soon!~ 


♡ M. Kitty ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment